Darwin Airport Charity Golf Day
“Our Annual Charity Golf Day was originally conceived as an opportunity for the members of the Darwin International Airport community (airport staff, tenants, suppliers and contractors) to get together for a fun and interactive day, whilst also contributing to a charitable cause.
We believe the Airport community extends beyond the airport boundary and we encourage businesses that work with us to become involved in this worthwhile event.”
Ian Kew, Chief Executive Officer Northern Territory Airports Pty Ltd
2014 Recipient – Foodbank NT
Foodbank NT is a not-for-profit organisation tasked with creating a central donation/collection point for “surplus” food in Darwin, for subsequent distribution to not-for-profit organisations.
Foodbank NT collects edible but surplus food and groceries from the country’s farmers, manufacturers and retailers. It then stores, sorts and distributes these items to not-for-profit organisations and charities. These NFP’s then provide this food to disadvantaged people who, without the provision of such food, go hungry.
Each year more and more Territorians – half of whom are children – experience food insecurity. Unfortunately many charities are turning people away because they do not have the resources to cope with the increase in demand. Recent statistics show that 134 people are turned away each month.
Through this partnership, the Airport will be funding the purchase of an industrial sized freezer to store cold goods that are donated to Foodbank NT. This freezer would not only increase their ability to extend the shelf life of such goods, it would also help to increase the amount of food they are able to store and then provide to charities, who in turn will be able to help a larger number of disadvantaged people.
In 2012 Foodbank NT provided 114,652 meals to charities. In 2013 this number increased to 165,170. The number of meals provided needs to be increased for 2014 and 2015 to achieve the vision of a ‘Territory without hunger’.
Foodbank NT was established in December 2009 and currently distributes goods to 110 organisations within the Northern Territory that provide support to the homeless and disadvantaged.
If you would like any further information about the DIA Charity Golf Day please contact Carmel Hilton, Events Officer on 8920 1815 or 0403 331 700.
DIA Charity Golf Day Major Raffle 2014
Terms & Conditions
- Raffle is conducted on behalf of Foodbank NT as a Supporter Event in accordance with the Gaming Control (Community Gaming) Regulations and Guidelines from within the NT Code of Practice for Responsible Gambling.
- Foodbank NT is an Approved Association
- Tickets will be on sale from the 11th of June until the 15th of August at a cost of $2.00 each.
- No more than 2500 tickets will be sold.
- The raffle will be drawn on Friday the 15th of August at 5:30pm at the Darwin Golf Club, Marrara.
- If not present at the draw, winners will be notified by phone.
Prize Terms & Conditions
1st Prize: 2 x Return Airfares to Kuala Lumpur Courtesy of Malaysia Airlines
The conditions of the prize are as follows:
- The prize is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of draw.
- The prize ticket is valid for a maximum stay of 3 months.
- The ticket is not transferable by the winner to any other person, has no refundable cash value and must be availed by 15th of February 2015. Extension is not permitted.
- Dates of travel are to be mutually agreed between the winner and Malaysia Airlines. Travel during Christmas/New Year periods and/or other peak periods such as school holidays and Malaysia Airlines embargo periods, are not possible.
- Any fuel levies will be paid for by Malaysia Airlines, taxes and/or charges imposed by the Australian Government and/or by foreign governments and/or authorities on departing passengers are payable by the passengers. Malaysia Airlines will request payment of such taxes and/or charges before tickets can be issued.
- The company’s conditions of carriage as recited on its tickets, apply.
- Please ensure that your passport has a minimum of six months validity.
- Malaysia Airlines does not hold any responsibility for any visa requirements.
- Prize tickets do not accrue Enrich Frequent Flyer Miles.
- No changes to booking permitted once ticket issued.
- The original prize winner letter must be returned when claiming the prize.
- Full Retail Value: $2380
2nd Prize: 2 x Return Airfares to Brisbane Courtesy of Tigerair
- Voucher is valid for travel until the 28th of February 2015; 2359hrs (=8GMT)
- Validity cannot be extended
- Voucher can be used up to available schedule displayed in the system and is subject to seat availability
- Voucher can only be used on the Brisbane to/from Darwin route
- Blackout period of 19 Dec 2014 to 19 Jan 2015 applies
- Voucher is valid for redemption on one single transaction only
- All vouchers and unused credit are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash and bookings are subject to prevailing terms and conditions available on our website
- Full Retail Value: $700
3rd Prize: A Samsung Tablet Courtesy of CSG
- Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 16GB Wi-Fi - Charcoal
- Full Retail Value: $550
4th Prize: Gift Voucher courtesy of Char Restaurant Darwin
- Voucher is valid until the 27th of June 2015
- This Voucher can be used only at Char Restaurant Darwin
- Bookings are essential – 08 8981 4544
- This voucher is not redeemable for cash
- Change is not given if the bill is lower than the total amount of the voucher
- Additional payment is essential if the bill is higher than the total amount of the voucher
- Voucher Value: $200