Work Health and Safety
Darwin International Airport (DIA) is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and environment for its employees, contractors and stakeholders.
All persons working on the airport need to comply with the Working on Airport - Site Rules and complete the Working on Airport Induction.
Darwin International Airport provides safety information relating to relevant topics to assist airport stakeholders to manage their safety.
- 2023 Safety Bulletin
- 2022 Safety Bulletin
- 2022 10 - What to do if you test positive for COVID
- 2022 09 - Hotel Housekeeping Safety
- 2022 08 - GSE Parking Storage
- 2022 07 - Boom Gates work (DIA Staff carpark)
- 2022 06 - Safe Use of Golf Buggies at DIA Hotels
- 2022 05 - Novotel Carparking
- 2022 04 - Airside Jet Noise
- 2022 03 - Aircraft Towing Guidelines (Air Transport Apron)
- 2022 02 - Aircraft Pushback Procedures
- 2022 01 - Toilet Waste Spills
Task-based risk assessment - Take 5
All Airport Development Group (ADG) staff, contractors and other stakeholders that conduct work activities with the potential to cause harm or damage on ADG sites must conduct a task-based risk assessment prior to undertaking work. This is a dynamic risk assessment undertaken on the site prior to the work commencing and the recommended method is using a Take 5 risk assessment in conjunction with a safe work method statement (SWMS).
ADG provides a Take 5 form on Snapforms that can be completed online or on your mobile phone using the link or QR code below. When you press the submit button at the end of the form, it will be sent to the ADG Health & Safety Manager via email email@example.com for review.
- Download - Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) Form
All accidents (including motor vehicle accidents - MVA), incidents, near misses and hazards that occur on the airport site are required to be reported to Airport Development Group. If you need to report a hazard, near miss, accident or incident please complete the following forms and/or send an email with all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Incident Notification Form
- Complete Motor Vehicle Accident Notification Form
- Complete Aerodrome Event Report Form
If you have any safety queries or you have identified a potential hazard you would like to report, please contact the Health and Safety Manager for Airport Development Group, Steve Caldwell.